Over the coming weeks and months, business owners will have to carefully plan their debt obligations and cashflow needs as government support winds down, businesses must contribute to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and repayments for deferred tax liabilities and loans are required.
CLBILS, CBILS and BBLS close to new applicants.
Recovery Loan Scheme Opens
- CBILS borrowers start to repay interest on their loans (the first 12 months of interest payments were made by the government).
- BBLS borrowers start to make repayments on their loans (the first 12 months of payments were made by the government). Businesses should consider their options under the Pay As You Grow scheme if they are unable to, or anticipate being unable to afford repayments.
- VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme closed 21 June 2021.
- VAT deferral ended 20 June 2021
- Ban on commercial evictions is extended, but businesses who can open should start to pay rent.
- Trade Credit Reinsurance Scheme ended 30 June 2021
- Employers CJRS contributions start at 10% of the cost of unworked hours plus total costs of all employers NIC and auto-enrolled pension contributions. Employers who cannot make these contributions may already be considering redundancies.
- Business rate relief for retail, hospitality and leisure is reduced to two-thirds discount.
- Future Fund: Breakthrough opens (anticipated).
- Businesses should consider the need for a Time to Pay arrangement.
- Individuals should consider the need for a Time to Pay self-assessment arrangement.
CJRS contributions increase to 20% of the cost of unworked hours plus total costs of all employers NIC and auto-enrolled pension contributions.
- Furlough scheme ends 30 September 2021.
- Winding up petitions and statutory demands return on 30 September 2021.
- Hospitality VAT rate moves from 5 % to 12.5 on 30 September 2021.
Recovery loan scheme closes.
- Commercial eviction protection ends.
- Partial business rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure ends.
- Final maturities under the Covid Corporate Financing Facility.
- Hospitality VAT rate returns to standard rate from 31 March 2022